Traditionally, Xiaomi and their Android customization called MIUI belongs in the most troubled group on the market with respect to non-standard background process limitations and non-standard permissions. There are no APIs and no documentation for those extensions. In default settings, background processing simply does not work right and apps using them will break.
Note: Android One devices by Xiaomi work much better than MIUI-based devices. So, if you like Xiaomi, we definitely recommend looking for their Android One offering. “
Solution for users
App pinning / App locking
When you open the recent apps tray, drag your app downwards (it will be locked). So, even if you clear recent apps, it will not clear them from the background. Drag downwards again to clear your app from the background.
On some phones, you need to long-press Your app and then choose the padlock icon from the menu:
To let your app run in the background, make sure settings for your app look like the following (some
Some options might be missing for your app (depends on the permissions the app needs).
To let your app run in the background, make sure settings for your app look like the following:
To let your app run in the background, make sure your settings look like the following (here for example is Sleep as Android):
- Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery manager > Power plan is set to Performance
- Device Settings > Advanced Settings > Battery Manager > Protected apps – your app needs to be Protected
- Device Settings > Apps > your app > Battery > Power-intensive prompt and Keep running after screen off
- Settings > Additional Settings > Battery & Performance > Manage apps’ battery usage and here:
- Switch Power Saving Modes to Off
- Choose the next options: Saving Power in The Background > Choose apps > select your app > Background Settings > No restrictions
App battery saver
Security > Battery > App Battery Saver > your app > No restriction
According to Xiaomi:
Open Security app > Permissions > Auto-start
Enable “Autostart” for desired apps.
Search for Your app and tap to enable