See our list of frequently asked questions about I inthesk I…
Having trouble connecting to your I inthesk I? You’re in the right place!
Before troubleshooting, check if you have these options enabled:
- Bluetooth is turned on.
- Location settings are enabled correctly, see this article for how to do this.
- Your device’s software is up to date. This will ensure that your device has the latest Bluetooth support.
- You have the latest version of the ProtectedTools app.
These updates usually contain fixes for stability issues and improvements that resolve most reported problems. If this hasn’t fixed your problem, read on for more tips.
Restart your inthesk:
Reset your I inthesk I by pressing and holding the button for 5 seconds, then press it again for 5 seconds to reset it.
How can I activate my Guardian mode?
Welcome to the GUARDIAN mode feature. Before activating the feature on an I inthesk I, make sure you have the latest version of the ProtectedTools app on your phone or tablet and Bluetooth mode active on your phone.
- Open the inthesk app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on your inthesk I device on which you want to activate the GUARDIAN mode.
- Click on ” Guardian Mode ” (follow the prompts on your device).
That’s it! Your I inthesk I is now in GUARDIAN mode!
How can I add an I inthesk I to my account?
Welcome to the I inthesk I Community. Before adding an I inthesk I, please make sure you have the latest version of the ProtectedTools app on your phone or tablet. Happy joining the I inthesk I community!
- Open the inthesk application on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap ” NEW I inthesk I ? just below your account login button on the main screen
- On the add a device page, choose ” Start Search ” (follow the prompts for your device)
- Double tap the button of your I inthesk I device for Android or add it directly on iOS.
- Hold the I inthesk I close to your device until they connect, congratulations! you have added your new I inthesk I
That’s it! Your I inthesk I is now connected to your device!
How can I find my I inthesk I?
I inthesk I has multiple search modes. You can:
- Ring your I inthesk I from the ProtectedTools APP when it is within Bluetooth ( BLE ) range.
- View the last known location of your I inthesk I using the ProtectedTools app map.
- View locations for the last 30 days in the device menu.
- Activate the “Enable Alert” option to request help from the I inthesk I community to locate your I inthesk I.
But wait, there’s more! With I inthesk I you can too:
- If you can’t hear the sound of your I inthesk I, simply watch the green circles fill in as you get closer.
- Share your I inthesk I with a trusted friend or family member so they can find it too.
How can I ring my mobile device with I inthesk I?
- Press twice on the central button of your I inthesk I
- Now your mobile device will be ringing and vibrating continuously for 2 minutes.
- Tap the notification generated by the I inthesk I APP.
Congratulations, you have found your mobile device.
There is no need to connect an I inthesk I to your mobile device. Just double-tap the I inthesk I button on any of your activated I inthesk I’s, and your phone will ring if it is within Bluetooth range.
How does l inthesk l work?
During active search, the I inthesk I app on your smartphone “finds” the I inthesk I with Bluetooth Low Energy and establishes a connection. I inthesk I then uses the location services of your smartphone to communicate the location information to the app.
Last place viewed (map)
When you notice that your I inthesk I is lost and not nearby, we can help you retrace your steps using the map.
When your I inthesk I is within Bluetooth range of your phone, and the I inthesk I app is open (with the APP in the background) they both communicate with each other to know exactly where your object is – literally.
When that communication is lost (either by closing the app or by travelling beyond Bluetooth range), your app will immediately record the last time and place your I inthesk I and your mobile device were connected to each other – this is the last place your I inthesk I was seen by the app.
To check your map:
- Open the ProtectedTools application and click on the menu button, go to the green icon ( profile ), in the top right corner click on the map icon and under “History” you will get all saved locations and even the last known location.
- If the community I inthesk I ” Found your I inthesk I. You can see it by clicking on the I inthesk I in your list of added devices you want and clicking on “Last Known Location”.
If you want to see an even more precise location, click on the bubble representing your I inthesk I to get walking or driving directions to it.
Once you arrive, check if your lost I inthesk I is within range so you can call it.
Leaving the application open, or “running in the background”, is essential for your I inthesk I to be able to communicate its location to your application.
Also make sure you have the appropriate device settings enabled by checking our article on permissions settings.
Happy I inthesk I !
The inthesk is not in range
It doesn’t happen often, but it does: you are next to your I inthesk I with the application open and it just won’t connect ( go to the ” Search ” function ). Fortunately, it is quite easy to get your I inthesk I to connect again.
Make sure your phone and app are updated to the latest version. These updates often resolve technical issues, as they improve performance and overall reliability.
If the update has not resolved the problem, you can follow the steps below to fix the problem:
- Turn your phone or tablet off and then on again.
- Turn Bluetooth back on and open the ProtectedTools app again.
- Be patient: it may take up to 2 minutes to reconnect.
If this does not work, try resetting your I inthesk I by holding down the button for 5 seconds.
What is inthesk ?
| inthesk I is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) device that helps you locate and protect everyday essentials, eliminating small inconveniences and helping you stay organised so you can be your best and focus on what matters, plus I inthesk I protects people both old and young. Our versatile locators can slide, stick or attach to anything from keys to wallets, phones, passports, laptops, pets and more!